Benefits of being an employment partner host
As an employment partner with KU TPE, your business will have:
- Access to a pre-screened applicant pool.
- Assistance in matching student skills and interests with job tasks and responsibilities.
- Support in training and accommodating students at their jobs.
- Consultation for support strategies.
How to get involved
Employment partners can be involved with KU TPE by providing:
- Informational Interviews: students conduct career interviews to learn about jobs and the skills required to perform them.
- Job Shadowing: student spends 4-8 hours or several workdays in a workplace accompanying an employee in the performance of daily tasks.
- Work Sampling: student works to learn aspects of potential job tasks and "soft skills" required in the workplace.
- Internships: formal arrangement where a student is assigned specific tasks in a workplace that align with the student’s career goal and KU coursework.
- Paid Employment: existing standard jobs in a company or customized work assignments that are negotiated with an employer.
To get involved, contact KU TPE Employment Staff (email@example.com).
“KU TPE has been a wonderful program. The students have been open to learning firsthand job skills that can last their lifetimes. They have all worked hard and been receptive to feedback as needed. We are proud to be a part of this program.”
-Jeremy Fite, director of Hilltop Child Development Center
“It was a learning experience for us all. It gave other student employees a mentorship opportunity, and our employee from TPE ended up mentoring my other college students as well. So, it was a win-win!”
-Katie Sadler, greenhouse manager