Students in KU TPE take courses from the KU undergraduate course catalog that aligns with their career interests alongside their KU undergraduate peers. They:
- Take 6 credit hours/semester (no courses are audited)
- Enroll in both required and elective courses (see KU TPE’s Program of Study)
- Receive the Transition to Postsecondary Education Certificate
- Participate fully in all aspects of KU graduation activities
KU TPE’s percentage of inclusive coursework versus other TPSIDs. Data from: [Year Three Annual Report of the TPSID Model Demonstration Projects (2017-2018)]. Think College.
Academic Supports & Resources
Students in KU TPE have a variety of individualized academic supports and resources:
- Accommodations and coursework adaptations as needed
- Access to the KU Academic Achievement and Access Center and the KU Writing Center
- Peer study groups
- Weekly support from KU TPE’s Academic Advisor and Academic Coaches
Key Program Documents
The documents below provide more details about program permissions and expectations.