The mission of KU Transition to Postsecondary Education (KU TPE) is to ensure that students with intellectual disability (ID) have opportunities to experience inclusive postsecondary education at the University of Kansas.
Check out how KU partners with KU TPE's mission:
During the 2-year non-degree seeking program that leads to the Transition to Postsecondary Education Certificate, students:
- take credit-bearing KU courses with individualized accommodations and adaptations;
- participate in KU student clubs, organizations, and activities with fellow Jayhawks;
- have the option to live in KU Housing;
- develop a career pathway including internships each semester; and
- work toward the Transition to Postsecondary Education Certificate.
Additional information in our program brochure: