The mission of KU-Transition to Postsecondary Education (KU-TPE is to ensure that students with intellectual disability (ID) have opportunities to experience inclusive postsecondary education at the University of Kansas.
Check out how KU partners with KU-TPE's mission:
During the 2-year non-degree seeking program that leads to the Transition to Postsecondary Education Certificate, students:
- take credit-bearing KU courses with individualized accommodations and adaptations;
- participate in KU student clubs, organizations, and activities with fellow Jayhawks;
- have the option to live in KU Housing;
- develop a career pathway including internships each semester; and
- work toward the Transition to Postsecondary Education Certificate.
Additional information in our program brochure: